Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Too funny!

Well, I guess summer is coming to an end.
My Noodle starts pre-school on Tuesday & I thought I would make him a special nap time mat.

I made a trip to my local quilt shop and found this great pattern. I am going to use some fabulous and funky fabric from Michael Miller and I'll be sure to post pics of my completed project.
But here's the funny part:
While standing in line to get the batting for my project cut, I overheard the following conversation:
customer to friend: "I think this color will really stand out from the road."
friend to customer: "I think so too. Are they all going to have one?"
employee to customer: "What are you making?"
customer to employee: "I am making clothes for the geese in my yard."
employee to customer: "How do you catch the geese to put the clothes on them?"
customer to employee: "Uh, they are concrete lawn statues."
WHAT! Did this lady really think that the customer was going to make clothes for live quacking, biting, pooping geese? Are you kidding me?
I couldn't help but laugh - out loud. My mother and I had a good giggle when we left the store.


No comments: