Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Making Memories

I have such great memories of my grandparents.
Growing up, my sister and I were fortunate
to spend a lot of time with my Nana and Pap and my Mima.
Every Friday night, my sister and I would pack our
overnight bags and head over to Nana and Paps.
My parents got a much needed break and we got to have fun!
My grandparents ordered pizza from Yolanda's.
It was SQUARE, something we never got at home.
Then we would watch "The Dukes of Hazzard", "Falcon Crest", and "Dallas".
(Yeah, in case the clothes in the pictures didn't give it away, I am THAT old.)
For dessert, we got peanut butter ice cream.
A flavor never found in our own freezer.
We usually fell asleep on the floor.

And now my son gets to create these same types of memories.
Every Friday night he packs up his overnight bag and
heads off to my parents...his Mima and Pappy.

In the summers, my sister and I would fly to Florida to visit my Mima.
We would spend weeks with my Mima.
Taking a picnic lunch to FIG Beach.
Driving around in her Chevy Chevette that ALWAYS smelled like suntan lotion.
Mima would make us grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch everyday.
And sometimes, hand cut french fries with cheese sauce on top.
Not healthy, but definately a comfort food to me.
Today, my Noodle is flying to Pittsburgh with my parents to
spend some time with my Nana...his Nana GG.
He'll be gone for a week and I will miss him dearly.
She is my last grandparent, and
although I am sad that my Noodle will not know my Pappy or my Mima,
I am infinately happy that he will know my Nana.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandparents and memories are great. Now your noodle will have some great memories also!!