Thursday, April 29, 2010

Addicted

This is pretty much like crack to me.
And my husband.
And the Noodle.

We love it.
We can eat a whole batch in one day.
So I only make it for special occasions.
But it leaves me searching for new occasions to celebrate.

Like today is National Zipper Day.
Yippee!
And tomorrow is Manual Typewriter Day.
Hooray!
And how could I forget the upcoming holiday on May 3:
Tighty Whitey Appreciation Day!
Certainly a day worth celebrating with some Crack.

Here is the recipe for Crack, er, I mean Ranch Oyster Crackers

3/4 c salad oil (I use a little less than this amount to keep crackers crisp)
1 envelope ranch dressing mix
1/2 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
16 oz plain oyster crackers

Preheat oven to 275 degrees. In large bowl, whisk together oil, dressing mix, and seasonings. Gently fold in crackers, stirring to coat all crackers. Pour crackers on baking sheet and spread out evenly. Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring once.

Now go find a reason to celebrate!

No comments: