Monday, March 15, 2010

I've been busy

I've been pretty busy lately.


Well, I am always pretty busy.


But recently........so.very.busy.

Anyway, here is a little look at how I have been occupying myself lately.



I started teaching some purse classes at my favorite quilt shop.
Not only had I never before taught a class,
I had never even taken any sewing class!
I am pretty much a figure-it-out-on-my-own kind of gal.
So I never saw a need for a class....after all, I could read a pattern, right?



I started out with any easy one. I love this tote because it is super simple
and has a lot of pockets.
Please ignore the fact that I have yet to attach the button.
You know........... busy, busy, busy!


Then we made this bag. Slightly more challenging for my students
but they did learn how to install a zipper.
Yeah!
I really loved this bag when I saw the pattern,
but it turns out that I really don't like it.
I mean, I like the shape and the zippered interior pockets
but I just don't like carrying it.
I don't know.

My upcoming class is for this bag.
I finished it today and I am very pleased with how it turned out.
I did change the way the zipper is installed
as I couldn't find a purse zipper to coordinate with my fabric.


I've also done a lot of sewing for my little guy too.
I'll post pics of those projects later this week.

No comments: